Vision, Aims and Values
At Lauriston we support all children to develop a life-long love of learning through a broad curriculum that builds confidence, nurtures the whole child and empowers them to become responsible citizens.
Our Aims and Values
- Develop the skills to learn – become confident, independent and resilient learners
- Place no limits on learning – ensure every child has equal opportunities and can pursue their aspirations
- Develop confidence and pride in our learning – always work hard and persevere through challenges, taking responsibility and accountability for our learning
- Listen to each other’s views and respond appropriately – respect and support each other in their learning
- Creativity at the heart of learning – only with creative thinking can we face the challenges of the future
- Of learning – develop a life-long love of learning
- Of each other – be kind, loyal and supportive of one another, treat everyone equally with respect, act with integrity and develop empathy and for others
- Of the community – be positive citizens of the local and wider community. Celebrate difference and the diversity of the community, becoming global citizens of the world we live in
- Learn in a fun, creative and innovative environment – spark imagination and new ideas
- Together as team players – enjoy working collaboratively with and supporting others
- By not being afraid to make mistakes – be bold and try new ideas, learn from our mistakes
- Develop the whole child – a holistic approach for happy, well-rounded children who enjoy a challenge
Rights of the child
We support and promote the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child which means that:
- Every child has the right to an education that develops their personality, talents and abilities to the full.
- Every child has the right to a safe and happy childhood with the opportunity to play.
- Every child has the right to be healthy.
- Every child has the right to be treated fairly.
- Every child has the right to a voice and to be listened to.